February is usually the month that flies by, and then I face March, wondering where the time went, and why all my glorious plans have not been accomplished. But this time it was different, oh yes; this time I was smart and confided my plans to accountable people, so that at the end of February, I had to have something to show for it!
They are done, these mitts that I started over a year ago, and they are fabulous! An interesting result of knitting two mittens within a drastically different time frame meant that one did turn out substantially larger than his companion, but I solved that problem by felting them both. I half-filled the sink with as hot water as I could stand, added a squirt of dish soap, then with my hands in the mitts, rubbed them together until it seemed like they fit. A rinse with cool water, and they dried over night.
And since it is snowing as we speak, I’ll get to enjoy them for a little while yet!
(Edited to add ~~ It is sadly obvious that the braid is not the same on both mitts. I didn’t knit the braid tightly enough on the first mitt, but because they are for me, I don’t mind. The pretty braid goes on the right hand! ~~)