The pattern was almost what I wanted, but I couldn’t convince myself to knit it. I was very sure that it wouldn’t turn out right, and I didn’t go out of my way to buy he yarn that I would need to make it. Somehow, I ended up at the yarn store, and bought two skeins of Yarn and Soul alpaca. My friend said it wouldn’t be enough to make a sweater, and the pattern said that, too.
I made some modifications to compensate for the lack of yarn, and I made some modifications to compensate for finished measurements. Plus, I didn’t like the sleeves.
I am so happy with the finished result, even if I can’t take all the credit for it. When I soaked the sweater to block it, it lengthened about three inches. I swear the yarn did that involuntarily. It is alpaca, after all. I can take credit for changing the neck, and the sleeves, and the width on the bottom. And I can do a little happy dance, because I will wear it outside the house!